
We took Porter's binky away a little over a week ago. Yes, he was going through withdrawls forever. Then he got sick with Hand Foot and Mouth disease (not very fun). He would not eat, he would not sleep, he would just whine a lot, point to his mouth and say ouchy oww oww, or his feet and say toesies hurt owww oowww. then I would have to put a wet cloth over them. He would not take any medicine to make it feel better, when I came with tylenol or ibuprophen he would hide under the covers and in the meanest way he knew how say "bye mommy, no no bye mommy" waving out of the blankets. Or he would just hit it and spill it all over, or take it into his mouth and spit everywhere. so, while I was giving him a bath I found a binky that happened to get lost in the clean laundry. I told AAron and we gave Porter the binky after a long lost fight over medication. He went to sleep after 5 minutes of sucking. And we got our sanity back. Is it worth it? I don't know. But we all slept that night.

2 comments:
Yes- TOTALLY worth it! I always tell people that they won't go to kindergarten with a binky or not being potty trained, etc. So if it saves your sanity for a day- TAKE IT! (Coming from a mom that barely survived toddlerhood! :) )
annie hasn't had her binky for months, but the day we took it away, that was the day she stopped taking naps. recently she finds the baby binky and hides behind the couch and falls asleep. i have considered letting her use it for nap time, but i don't want to have to ween her off again. let me know how it goes.
Post a Comment