Thursday, March 26, 2009

a house full of sickies

To start out with the kids had shots a couple weeks ago so about 1 week ago the fevers began. the whining the mommy i wanna hold ya, the runny noses (they are constant though). then Aaron started feeling sick with a sore throat. Well, Aaron knows that he is allergic to milk esp. when he is sick what he didn't know is that the whey protien shake he was drinking as part of a new diet was the actual protien that he is allergic to. So, after drinking one of his shakes while he was sick he puffed up like the stay puft marshmello man, and was having difficulty breathing. Instead of going to the ER at which he was right across the street he decided to go the outpatient pharmacy and get some benadryl. Luckily it worked in time so his throat did not close off completely. But his face was puffy all day. And he did see a doctor and he did have strep throat. That night Porter woke up puking up his guts and screaming, freaked out like he was loosing himself. this happened a few times and when I ran out of blankets and linens for his bed he slept with me. He was sauna. He continued to have a fever and throwning up the next day. which is when I noticed Addy's eyes were full of sticky yellow discharge and had a rash all over her belly. I sighed and made and appointment with the pediatrician. Aarons and Addy are on abx. Porter just had a 24 hour bug. Everyone is better now. Yeah!!!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hello you should totally come to the ICU you've already got pacing down and I have a couple months to train you before I leave they need to replace me somehow!! he he!!! That way the trainee would become the trainer!!!!

Nicole said...

Sounds awful! I'm glad to hear you are all feeling better.