Sunday, March 2, 2008

Adalynne Rae Bybee has joined the family






So by Wednesday, Februarys 27th still no baby. Both Arron and I were starting to get frustrated and very anxiuos. So, at my appointment that afternoon the docotor expressed some concerns about waiting to much longer for me to go into labor so I scheduled a C-section for the following at 12:30. After leaving the doctors office the anxiety we had been feeling went away knowing that 9: by Thursday afternoon that baby would be here. I still felt a little as disappointed knowing that I might need that another C-section. However I was just as excited to get the baby out and see my new little girl for the first time. Per Policy I could not eat after midnight so at midnight I drank a lot of water and went to bed. Then a pleasant at 1:00, m water broke and we were on our way to the hospital. Porter was not happy about getting pulled out of bed and buckled in to his car seat in the middle of the night. I was admitted to the hospital and then I settled in for the next 13 1/2 hours of labor . A big thank you goes out to the Campbell family for coming and picking up Porter from the hospital and taking him to their place for the night. Needless to say he was quite upset about this unplanned sleepover we were sending him on. The labor Progressed slowly through the night and the baby was not cooperating, she just kept squirming in and out of position. By 9:30 the next morning I had dilated to a 9 then to 10 by 11:00. Then the the "excitement began". Let's just say she was a big baby and after about 1 1/2 of hours pushing Adalynne finally came out to say hello. She was perfect, I on the other hand was a little beat up. Everyone doded over her hair and big kissable cheeks and how she got her daddy's full lips. We loved her immediately. Adalynne weighed in at 8lbs 6oz and was 20 inches long, long dark hair and dark eyes 10 toes and 10 fingers and a little birthmark on her head. Porter came shortly after the birth with Gandma Bybee to the hospital. Porter was so gentle and loving and called her "my baby". Thanks to everyone for their support and love during this event and coming to visit afterwards.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Her and Oliver were both little chunkers (Oliver was 8 lb. 4 oz. and 20 in.). Wish we could be there to see her in person!

Jenn said...

Congratulations on your new little girl. She is so cute. I hope you are recovering well.